Tuesday, August 14

Matilda's Monsters... The Monster Gallery!

My picture book, The Monster Machine published by Pavilion Children's Books has been inspiring children to draw their own monsters, which is fantastic! I've just been sent these two particularly imaginative and scary monsters drawn by Matilda, Age 4 from Indiana, USA...
Matilda's Monster Number 1

Matilda's Monster Number 2
Thank you so much for these Matilda, they are awesome! so many eyes and legs and arms and teeth!

I've been looking at these two characters for a while now and I realise they remind me of one of my own monsters, this guy isn't from the machine, he lives in the trees and comes out on Halloween to say hello... but there are certain similarities...

Many Eyed Halloween Tree Monster © 2012 Nicola L Robinson

The Monster Gallery.... 

If your child is inspired by The Monster Machine I'd love to see their drawings and creations! you can scan and send me their monster drawings by email to - nicola@monstermachine.co.uk including their name, age and city or country and I will include it in my monster gallery! I'd also love to hear their thoughts on The Monster Machine book and any other monster related ideas.

I hope to collect enough monsters to add to a new section which I'm building on the main Monster Machine Site. 'The Monster Gallery' A bit like the rogues gallery, but with monsters. Obviously. 

The Monster Machine is available wherever books are sold, ask for it in your favourite local bookshop...

It is also available online - The Monster Machine on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment