|Monster Puppet hiding behind curtain....|
To make this monster puppet you will need -
- The monster template, download it here - Monster Machine Puppet.pdf
- Some thin card or a cereal box
- Colouring materials, crayons, pencils etc
- 4 split pins (the small pliable ones you can find in stationary and craft shops) this allows the legs and arms to move.
- A wooden dowel or chopstick to stick your monster onto.
- Sticky tape to attach the wooden stick.
- Possibly glue to stick the paper print out onto card or tracing paper to transfer the image to card.
- Possibly an adult to use the split pins and a big fat needle or other pointy object to make the holes.
|The materials to make the monster puppet, wooden stick not pictured!|
1- Print out the pieces onto thin card or glue or trace template onto cereal box card
|Image traced onto card and coloured in, I've gone with red and purple|
|Pieces cut out ready to attach the arms and legs!|
|Back of monster with arms, legs and flat split pins|
|The finished monster, before being attached to wooden stick...|
5- You should have a happy monster puppet with moveable arms and legs.
6- Using tape attach your monster onto the wooden stick, now he's ready to play!
My monster decided to rampage through a city, but yours might be less aggressive...
|Happy monster puppet rampaging through a city...|
If you do make a monster puppet do send a picture, myself and the monsters would love to see your creations! email@example.com
You may also enjoy having a go at making my monster pop up card!
Monster activity page on The Monster Machine website